Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Windy CITY

Chicago Skyline 1920's

When I was in Chicago yesterday, it reached 56 degrees which means its official, global warming has cut out traditional winters from the seasonal rotation and delivered us a premature spring (along with the looming threat of global fiasco). This season's lack of snow and necessity for winter clothing has left me in seasonal shock. I'm rejecting any thought that this time of year is associated with snowmen, down jackets and frostbite, and am giving into my delusions of spring. I've decided to concede to spring trends while still staying winter appropriate by incorporating winter fabrics into spring shorts. Using materials like:
  • leather
  • camel
  • tweed
  • velvet
Though its practicality is not infinite (especially in Minneapolis), these shorts are great for everyday use and definitely a piece worth investing in for its versatility and extended wear through the seasons. 





FRIENDS:
Wicker Park, Chicago 1/5/12

While driving to the city we listened to lots of Toro y Moi, Discovery, Bibio, Mikke Snow, etc... So enjoy a taste!!!




While I was in Chicago I couldn't help myself from wandering into some of the boutiques and resale shops, including one of my favorite stores, Free People. Once inside, I wanted to ask for one of everything, but then the brutal realization of my limited funds hit me and I knew I had to be more selective. I've been looking for some unique accessories to spice up my closet and I stumbled upon two fun pieces. Though my style isn't extremely girly and I don't wear much pink, I loved the pink printed velvet turband and raw stone bracelet. The turband really gives a vintage look and goes well with almost any outfit, while still providing practicality. It's easy to throw it on with an outfit if you're going out at night or just to class. Also, Chunky bracelets add a lot of interest to any outfit and can be used as a great accent color, especially if you wear lots of dark tones like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment