Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NO MORE SNOW! (aka spring)

The Classic Image of Spring






Models from D&G (left) and DVF (right)
So, I adore anything vintage-inspired, and now it's OFFICIALLY spring, I love dressing in pastels and florals with 1960s influence. Though I usually integrate masculine pieces into my ensembles, I've been feeling in a lighter mood because of the weather and stuck to a more feminine pallet; but when I'm back to my normal self, all of these items can be easily incorporated and personalized to fit various styles and looks. I recently bought Borrowed and Blue by Essie and its the perfect way to wear blue nail polish in a mature manner while staying festive to spring trends. The two bags I picked (the top being Valentino and the bottom being Marc Jacobs) both embody 1960s elegance and spring vitality while still being a lasting piece in your closet.

DVF
M Missoni
Alice + Olivia
Alice + Olivia
(pictures from Nordstrom.com)


1. Altuzarra 2. Erickson Beamon 3. Preen Line 4. 3.1 Phillip Lim 5. Rag & Bone 6. Juicy Couture 7. Creatures of the Wind 8. Emilio Pucci 9. Emilio Pucci

These blazers and blinged-out neck pair great with elegant dresses, or you can even go bold and mix prints!All of these fab looks are from: NET-A-PORTER.com



San Francisco for UC Berkeley's Model UN Conference (aka Cool Kid Convention) 
At the beginning of the month I went to San Francisco for a Model United Nations conference for a weekend. Being back in the Bay Area reminded me of it's eclecticness; it draws from so many different social and cultural sources to act as a unique host of urban cohesion. 
Model UN "toothpick holders" from our UC Berkeley Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment