Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Paris or Bust

So after being here for 3 weeks, I've begun to imagine my future life in Paris. It consists of my ideal nexus of doing business for a fashion house/retail corporation, andddd basically doing whatever I feel like (and being financially stable enough to do so). It like to call this amalgam, "bad ass chic". So far this vision consists of:
(I will be keeping you updated as this list grows)


1. Motorcycle
A. Because it is the epitome of the timely bad ass; B. Mopeds and motorcycles are the most efficient way to get around Paris (that and the metro); C. Parking is impossible and expensive. But when I say motorcycle, I'm talking about the classic motorcycle with the singular headlight and old school look. I love these images of rebels like The Fonz with their leather jackets on these Triumph bikes.





2. Dark Clothes
Speaking of dark clothes and motorcycles, I just bought a black leather jacket at this awesome vintage store right next to the Pompidou. I am obsessed with this place! Fur and leather line the walls as you step in, as you walk further into the store, you enter into a time machine of high-waisted ripped shorts, throwback crewneck sweatshirts, and mod dresses. I bought a graduation present for my sister who graduates from UW-Madison with her phD this May, and begins at Harvard in the summer, and a few things for myself. Though I shall try to limit myself, I will definitely be coming back here!
What my jacket looks like <3

I'm liking these black pants because they go along perfectly with the motorcycle, easy for winter, and black is always "in" in Paris.


Though Prada is not a Parisian design, I cannot resist this bag

I am loving these CĂ©line shades!





3. My Parisian Apartment 
And of course, what is Parisian living without your enormous windows, modern/classic French fusion decor, and an absurd amount of shoes? These images are fantastic inspiration for my future life in Paris (a girl can dream)


I'll find some place to put this 1930's vintage LV trunk
I'm guessing my closet will look like this, but with a bigger dog
So Beau, Rachael, and I have been meeting more and more people everyday, and expanding our Parisian and International networks. Everyday we turn down new streets, stop into new restaurants, patisseries, and bars, and sample the treasures and specialties of the city. Rachel and I took a turn down a side street in the 3rd arrondissement  and found a street littered with specialty food stores, bars, and a gourmet chocolate shop that we couldn't resist but to stop into.

Beau, Rach, and I are still going to our favorite corner bar, Les Animales, right down the street from Beau's apartment in the 10th. Walking in and being greeted by our boy, Dominico, almost makes us feel like we locals. We all usually get the same thing, a Mc Chouffe and a shot of Jameson, or a few, just casually on our typical Tuesday. The bar is super low key, has a very welcoming staff, and quite a nice selection of music always playing (first time we walked in it was Das Racist).

This past weekend we went to the Eiffel Tower, and it was a cold and kind of scary hike, but absolutely beautiful! I hadn't been since 3rd grade, so my memory was of the event was almost absent and was in desperate need of a refresher. (The crew still trolled around the city, we can't help it)


No comments:

Post a Comment