Sunday, February 3, 2013

Vive la France!!!

So although my blog was previously more fashion-based, I am studying abroad in Paris this semester and therefore altering the content to be more of a travel blog! 


I began my journey in New York City where my lovely friend, Beau, joined me and we spent the our time walking Manhattan and stopping in for a drink whenever we got cold (lucky for us, it was a cold week). One night we walked down Canal street and indulged in a large order of Chinese food, it was too good for words. Unfortunately, my 21st birthday arrived minutes after my departure from JFK, and I spent a lot of it on the plane (AirFrance is THE WAY to travel though) and losing time by changing timezones.  Luckily, my travel buddy, Beau, was with me for the ride. After we landed we went to our hotel in Vanves (borders Paris to the south), and met up with our friend Rachael at IBIS Budget Hotel, where the rooms are dollhouse-sized and the service is part time. We celebrated my birthday by going out to different cafes in Vanves, drinking wine, and shoving candles into a baguette (our makeshift birthday cake). 


I met my host sister and her friends last Saturday, and they are very cute! They are all university students and study various subjects; Elsa, my host sister, studies Earth science. I just met the mother, Katrin, this weekend, and she is a sweetheart, and will only speak to me in French, which I appreciate (though I don't always know what's being said exactly).

Our first week and a half in Paris has been incredible though! We have gone to the Louvre, L'Opéra, a discothèque ; eaten crêpes, and croque madames; and drank tons of espresso!   
 
(over) Packing

My Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment