Monday, March 25, 2013

Amsterdam

A few weeks ago I went to Amsterdam. I'm not going to beat around the bush with this one, and I'm sure you can guess it from the stereotypical "American studying abroad in Europe, goes to Amsterdam" scenario, what I did this weekend. I can't help myself, its something that I honestly just need to partake in no matter where I go. And mom, if you are reading this I would stop here and just quickly scroll through the pictures...

So yes, if you know me you probably guessed it, I gave into my vice and continued to vintage shop. It was pretty under control this time, relative to my Parisian splurges. Rachael and I hit up this one shop where I got a gold chained bracelet, and a short sleeve linen button-up, which seems like it would have been intended for a man, because the dimensions don't seem right for women's clothing (unless I just fit menswear better). At a street market I also picked up a present for a certain lovely lady back home (shout out to Paige Peterson's 21st birthday, doing it big in Sota, luh you), and a denim jacket for only 20 euros. 

Rachael and I also made a stop at the Heineken factory, which was nice, but the real attraction was us, not to sound cocky or anything. We strolled into that joint sober as pair of judges, and ended up being the most interesting attraction there, by far. This link can shed some light on my explination:


The city ended up being beautiful with its system of rivers, distinct Dutch architecture, and young atmosphere. I came to Amsterdam to participate in some new traditions, but ended up falling in love with the old culture. [Mom if you are still reading, I think you know what I'm talking about ;) ]


Misspelled, but I forgive them


HEINEKEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment