Friday, March 22, 2013

Paris Fashion Week (part II)

So this post is a little overwhelming and hosts the bulk of my experiences at Fashion Week. Also, if you never really grew out of the picture book phase, this is an excellent post for you and I'm sure my words will pale in comparison to the pictures of all of these beautiful and glamorous people. Also, if you just look at the pictures you can embellish my actual involvement during the week. 

So the first show from this post is Jean Paul Lespagnard, who instead of doing a fashion show, did an exhibit... of fashion. I went and waited in line for this show, solo, so as you can imagine I had quite a bit of time on my hands, an hour and a half in fact.. wedged between Asian fashion tourists, who somehow obtain tickets to almost every show, fashion folks or friends of the designer, who also had tickets, and the rest of us, who usually consisted of chain-smoking teenagers, unemployed fashion groupies, and randos (where I imagine I best fit in). His line for the Fall Winter 2013 was an interesting mix of motocross apparel, floral prints, and a dash of glitter and shine.  

In case you care to watch the show in its entirety from http://www.filepmotwary.com/motwary/



The next day, Kristen and I swung by one of the holiest of holies in the world of everything beautiful and luxurious, Chanel. Though we knew we had 0.000001% (call me an optimist) chance of getting into the show, knowing that on the other side of those doors there lay a fashion dynasty, was worth the trip. It's harder to get your picture taken at a show like Chanel, because you're in the big leagues of Fashion, baby. Not just old person off the street is worthy of a picture, well except the designer toddlers I witnessed twittling on their iphone, with matching outfits and Chanel bags in tow. The fact that these tweens are dressing like this and getting their picture taken at the world's grandest fashion show is a little astonishing. And though this shouldn't both me the most, it was a school day... Just saying.

So later that day, we tried to get into Agnes B., though my outfit fell behind in the crowd of stilettos, avant garde ensembles, and all things designer, I received some notice outside of this smaller show. I had a few pictures taken and then this moment replaced the one from a few days prior, as the coolest I've ever felt. I was approached by a woman from Yahoo who asked if I would mind doing an on camera interview. In my state of awe, I felt my little French skills liquefy and dribble out of my ears, and all I could muster up was, "..Oui...". I told her I preferred the interview in English (so I wouldn't sound like an idiot in French), and so it began. The review of my outfit, that I mentally compose everyday, "my hat, bag, and jacket are vintage, etc..." was just like I quietly rehearsed in the mirror. Saying things are vintage are like saying your love of fashion compelled you to embark on this endeavor for the perfect black leather handbag. I basically called myself the fashion Indian Jones. My favorite part about saying something is vintage, which makes it sound edgy and unique, is that I bought all of it for Fleet Farm prices. It's the fashion loophole to brand names. 

I don't want to bore you with the repetitive on-goings of each fashion show, so I'll be concise: Valentino (stood outside), Allude (went), Miu Miu (creeped outside), Mashama (went). Lucky for me, while waiting for Kristen outside of Allude I met someone who had an extra ticket, what are the chances, actually. He invited me in with him, and though he was basically a stranger, this is the one case where you always follow the stranger. We sat front row, and even scored some lovely things in our gift bags. We got out picture taken quite a few times, and one interview for State of Style (associated with the American Style Network), though his outfit with on point, and homeboy scored way more interviews than myself. But just like everything else in the fashion world, I was cool by association. 

JEAN PAUL LESPAGNARD
Yelle outside of Jean Paul Lespagnard



CHANEL

Fashionista Toddlers, where was this in my youth?


ME OUTSIDE OF AGNES B.
 
                                                   

                                                            MY FULL INTERVIEW



ALLUDE
my new friend













VALENTINO

Joe Zee nbd

Nicole Richie

Nina Garcia
More Anna 
Those shoes!



MIU MIU
Miroslava Duma
Garance Doré and Kristen
Carolina Issa
Anna Dello Russo (I'm not stalking you)



MASHAMA

Photos provided by myself and Kristen Hwang

No comments:

Post a Comment